Friday, December 07, 2012

Pffft. . .

So much for blogging daily in the month of November.  I really sucked at that one.  Oh well.  Life got in the way.  This is the worst time of year for my son, which is referred to as a traumaversary.  Things are just starting to even out and life is somewhat back to normal on that front. 

My husband's momma died very suddenly.  She went from preparing Thanksgiving dinner and shopping to sick 2 days later and ending up in the ER.  She was immediately diagnosed with Leukemia and ended up in the ICU within a couple days.  She started a dose of chemo, he went down to Kentucky and she died the following morning.  It was quick and unexpected.  We are all still reeling emotionally from that. My littles are struggling emotionally, but this was the first death time that they were old enough and close enough to the person who died for it to make a mark on them.  It has been overwhelming navigating their grief.  Being that she lived out of town, they weren't super close to her, but she is their grandmother!  And seeing daddy (the husband) stressing out and sad has made them very fragile. 




2 comments:

:)De said...

Oh Sherri, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband's mother. Tell him that I am praying for the family and wish him and all Peace!

Hedged in Beauty said...

So sorry for your family's loss Sheri!

I'm praying.