Friday, November 02, 2012

Possibilities . . .

Today's blogging prompt for NaBloPoMo is If you could live anywhere, where would it be?.  

I answer is not exactly a physical place. If I could live anywhere it would be in a home that is not riddled with trauma due to my son's birth mother's choices.  It would be in a home that is not consumed with constant supervision.  There would be no hyper-vigilance on my part or his.  He would not have to live inside a body and a brain that has been altered due to prenatal alcohol consumption. 

It is not that I regret our decision to adopt him, it is that I would much prefer that he be with his birth family, enjoying his life at 17 years old, living the life he was meant to have with those he was meant to share it with.  I would prefer he be healthy than mine.  I love him so much that I wish that for him.

No comments: