Saturday, November 03, 2012

Positivity . . .

Today I finished my series of Reiki classes.  I am now a certified Reiki Master Teacher.  I am a third degree Reiki practitioner.  To be completely honest, I was not looking forward to the class, but I signed up instead of waiting until the next series in the spring.  I am so glad I did.

We spent much time today talking about intuitive healing.  With that comes some discussion on energy fields and the power of positive thinking.  The science behind energy fields is quite interesting.  The human body is an amazing and miraculous thing that I don' think we will ever fully understand.  

The power we hold in our mind and hearts to help instruct our bodies to heal itself is nothing short of amazing.   I don't believe that we are inside the field of energy, we are that field.  It is an extension of our body and how it interacts with it's environment and with others. 

A portion of our day spoke directly to what I have been working on in my life.  The premise is based in Thought Field Therapy.  It focuses on actively and carefully CHOOSING the thoughts that you think and the awareness that those thoughts are conducive to your healing.  If we focus of cur rounding ourselves with positive thoughts than our heart which has lots of neural tissue can transmit that positivity and healing to our brains which in turn send that information to our bodies.  My mother uses the phrase "Don't speak that" often. She is a firm believer that if you speak negativity or unwanted possibilities you may make that manifest in your life and this follows the same thought. 

I have noticed a shift in my home since beginning this Reiki journey in my life.  I have noticed a larger sense of calm and peace in our home.  I have attempted to surround myself with more positivity and I do see that it is affecting our environment in a positive way.  This journey has been a blessing all around and I look forward to continuing the process as I grow and learn more from my own experiences and those of others. 

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Thanks for posting this. I was desperately in need of a reminder to choose my thoughts, and you provided that nudge. My thoughts are now up on my dry erase board where I can see them and be reminded several times daily.